Although planning a holiday can be difficult, it doesn’t have to be if you plan in advance and make sure you have considered everything before you leave. Arranging things like transport, visas and luggage allowances well before leaving will reduce stress and will ensure that your holiday runs smoothly.
This is one of the first things that you need to think about when planning a holiday. How will you get to the airport to catch your flight? How will you get from the airport to your hotel when you arrive at your destination? There are many different options to consider so, take the following into consideration when planning transport:
- Are you going to drive to the airport? If so, then you need to be prepared to spend a lot of money on airport parking, as it is always expensive!
- If you are catching public transport at either end of your journey then make sure it will be operating at the time you need it as at certain hours during the night public transport will be closed.
- If you are going to catch a taxi or an uber, then make sure you can fit inside in the car with all your travel companions and your luggage.
If you have considered these options, but don’t feel that any of these will work well for you, then you could always consider hiring a private car with a chauffeur. This way you won’t have to worry about anything as you will be picked up from your front door and dropped off at the airport or vice-versa, at any time of the day or night.
Make sure that you check what your luggage allowance is with the airline before arriving at the airport. If you have bags that are heavier than your allowance then one of two things may happen: you may have to pay a large fee for the extra luggage, or it may not be let on the flight at all if the flight is at full capacity. If you feel that you need more luggage than you originally paid for then contact your airline in advance and they will be able to assist you.
Passports & Visas:
If your holiday includes overseas travel, then you need to consider two things:
- Does everyone in your family have valid passports? This includes babies and young children. Note that most countries require you to have six months’ validity on your passport or they won’t grant you entry.
- Do you have the required visas for your destination? Australian citizens can enter many countries without a visa, but many others do require one. Check online before you travel to see if you need to apply for a visa.
If you follow all of the above steps then you will be well on the way towards having a successful and stress free holiday.